The "Book a Pro" program is designed to give one-on-one assistance on a number of topics. Book a Pro sessions take place at the main library in downtown Orlando unless otherwise noted. Book a Pro for a half hour of in-depth assistance in the following areas:
1) Job & Career Assistance: We can help you with your job search! Let us show you our newest and most useful resources for job seekers. We can also connect you with community organizations that offer free resume help, job search tips, and more.
2) Digital Downloading: Demystify the process of downloading books in digital format. Let us help you get the hang of downloading books and more in digital format. Get that eBook onto to your device, or learn how to use Hoopla, or any of the other amazing digital media available through OCLS.
3) Genealogy: Navigate the maze of genealogy and family research using our tools, tips and tricks for success. These Book a PRO consultations take place at the West Oaks branch.
4) Business: Tap into to our business resources and learn how to start your own business or augment the business that you already own.
5) Grants and Foundations: Obtain help navigating our foundation and grant resources.
6) Investment: Boost your financial IQ and become investment savvy utilizing our research tools and resources.
7) Library Website and eResources: Learn to navigate our website and find the resources that you need. No matter what topic you are interested in, our databases hold the key to research success. Get the most from the library’s catalog and databases.
8) Reader’s Advisory: Locating the next great read for yourself, your book club or your children has never been easier with our “book a librarian” service. Let us show you how to make sure your "to read" list is never empty!
9) Consumer Health Information: Confused by all the medical information on the web? We can show you expert resources that will aid you in navigating complex medical information and gain a better understanding of conditions, diseases, and medications.
10) Local History: Ever wanted to know what county Orlando was originally in? Discover the wide array of fascinating and unique resources about Orlando and Orange county available at your library. Becomes a local history expert!
1) Who is eligible to make an appointment?
Orange County Library System card holders. Your card must be in good standing.
2) How Do I make an appointment?
To schedule an appointment, book online or call the library at 407.835.7323. We will follow-up with you to confirm a time. Reservations require at least 48 hours advance notice and are dependent upon staff availability.
3) Where do I go?
For most services, please come to the 4th floor of the Main Library (101 East Central Blvd) for your scheduled consultation.
If you have booked a pro for help with Genealogy, you will need to go to the West Oaks Branch (1821 E. Silver Star Rd. Ocoee, FL 34761)
4) Who will be helping me?
Your information needs will determine which librarian is best suited to assist you.
5) How long will the appointment be?
Each appointment will last approximately 30 minutes.
6) How do I cancel my appointment?
Call Questline at 407.835.7323
8) Do you type or proofread documents?
No. Fourth floor reference staff or Questline can assist you in finding services which will handle those tasks.
9) Can you fix my computer?
We do not offer technical support or troubleshooting of your computer or devices, except when it relates to library resources.
10) Do you offer legal, medical or business advice or opinions?
No, we do not provide medical, legal or business advice or opinions. We can direct you to resources to help you find the answers to those questions.
11) Are there additional ways to get assistance from the librarians?
Of course! You can always stop by one of our locations or you can chat with us online